All proceeds will go to fund the purchase of mammal monitoring cameras, as well as Climate Friendly Park initiatives such as Beach Recycling programs and a movie on sustainable practices for use in Visitors Centers and on the website.
FRIENDS of the Cape Cod National Seashore is a non-profit organization of dedicated individuals who have a very special love and respect for this spectacular National Park.
FRIENDS responsibilities and activities include:
- Promoting the educational, environmental, historical and other purposes of the Cape Cod National Seashore.
- Assisting in the provision of interpretive programs for visitors to the park.
- Providing volunteers for important projects such as natural resources programs and trail maintenance.
- Encouraging private donations to support seashore programs.
- Managing several special funds that contribute to important educational, archival and research projects in the seashore.
Susan Lindquist of the Community Development Partnership interviews people promoting economic stability and environmental sustainability because This Place Matters. This Place Matters can be heard Wednesday afternoons from 12:30 to 1:00 pm. In addition to her work with the CDP, Susan has worked with many other organizations as an advocate for low and moderate income families and children. She is a former Executive Director of the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History and a current Trustee of the Cape Cod Five Cents Savings Bank. She is also an active member of WOMR's Development and Program Committees.
Richard Ryder is president of the Friends of the Cape Cod National Seashore.